[UNIX] DCForum+ XSS Vulnerability

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 08/24/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 24 Aug 2003 17:06:16 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      DCForum+ XSS Vulnerability

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforump.shtml> DCForum+ is "the PHP/MySQL
    implementation of our popular web discussion program, DCForum". Zone-h
    Security Team has discovered a flaw in DCForum+ that allows remote
    attackers to embed malicious HTML and JavaScript code into existing web
    pages.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * DCForum+ version 1.2

    It is possible to inject XSS script in the subject variable. For example,
    try this:
    Your Name: Zone-h Security Team
    Your Email: test@test.com
    Your Subject: < script>alert(Zone-h)</script>
    Your Message: Zone-h.org

    Vendor status:
    The vendor has been contacted and a patch was produced.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:G00db0y@eforu.com> G00db0y
    xxx.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [UNIX] Daydream BBS Format String Vulnerability
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... product allows attackers to exploit a format string vulnerability in the ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] L-Forum SQL Injection Vulnerability
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... arbitrary SQL commands by injecting them through user provided data. ... This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Buffer Overrun in Talentsofts Web+
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... system service, any arbitrary code executed on the server would run in the ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] PHP Source Injection in osCommerce
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Would result in a directory listing of the current dierctory ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] NetWin CWMail.exe Buffer Overflow (item=)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... responded extremely quickly with a patch. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)