[UNIX] DCForum+ XSS Vulnerability

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 08/24/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 24 Aug 2003 17:06:16 +0200

    - - promotion

    The SecuriTeam alerts list - Free, Accurate, Independent.

    Get your security news from a reliable source.

    - - - - - - - - -

      DCForum+ XSS Vulnerability

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.dcscripts.com/dcforump.shtml> DCForum+ is "the PHP/MySQL
    implementation of our popular web discussion program, DCForum". Zone-h
    Security Team has discovered a flaw in DCForum+ that allows remote
    attackers to embed malicious HTML and JavaScript code into existing web
    pages.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * DCForum+ version 1.2

    It is possible to inject XSS script in the subject variable. For example,
    try this:
    Your Name: Zone-h Security Team
    Your Email: test@test.com
    Your Subject: < script>alert(Zone-h)</script>
    Your Message: Zone-h.org

    Vendor status:
    The vendor has been contacted and a patch was produced.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:G00db0y@eforu.com> G00db0y
    xxx.

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.