[TOOL] ShellForge, Python Based Shellcode Generator

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 08/14/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 14 Aug 2003 13:58:37 +0200

    - - promotion

    Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for MSIIS

    In this guide you will find out how to test, purchase, install
    and use a Thawte Digital Certificate on your MSIIS web server.
    Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you
    ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
    certificates. Get your copy of this new guide now:
    http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;5903126;8265119;j

    - - - - - - - - -

      ShellForge, Python Based Shellcode Generator

    DETAILS

    ShellForge is a Python program that builds shellcodes from C. It is
    inspired from Stealth's Hellkit.

    ShellForge has some wrapper functions around system calls. A C program
    that uses these system calls will use the wrapped one instead of original
    libc calls.

    To generate a shellcode, ShellForge uses gcc to convert the C program into
    assembler, from there it modifies it a bit, compiles it, extracts the
    code, encodes it to avoid NULL bytes, and finally add a decoder at the
    beginning.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The tool can be downloaded from:
     <http://www.cartel-securite.fr/pbiondi/shellforge.html>
    http://www.cartel-securite.fr/pbiondi/shellforge.html

    Or, <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/secdev/shellforge.html>
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/secdev/shellforge.html.

    The information has been provided by <mailto:biondi@cartel-securite.fr>
    Philippe Biondi.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [NEWS] Passing JavaScript/HTML Filters with Special Chars (Multibrowser)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for Apache. ... When web browsers parse HTML they remove certain non-alpha numeric ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] Dialog Local Exploit (HOME)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for MSIIS ... Slackware Linux offset: -2000 ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Netris Client Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for MSIIS ... Netris is a Linux clone of the classic infamous game Tetr*s. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] xv Local Exploit (-name Variable)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for MSIIS ... Slackware Linux offset: -200 ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] DSH HOME Environment Buffer Overflow
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get Thawte's New Step-by-Step SSL Guide for MSIIS ... This vulnerability will allow attackers to cause the product crash. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)