[NEWS] XSS Vulnerability in Synkron.web CMS

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 06/09/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 9 Jun 2003 18:55:34 +0200

    - - promotion

    Latest attack techniques.

    You're a pen tester, but is google.com still your R&D team?
    Now you can get trustworthy commercial-grade exploits and the latest
    techniques from a world-class research group.

    Learn more at http://www.coresecurity.com/promos/sit_e1,
    or call 617-399-6980

    - - - - - - - - -

      XSS Vulnerability in Synkron.web CMS

    SUMMARY

    "Ever since 1997, it has been Synkron's mission to help companies manage
    on their own when setting up a presence on the Internet. To achieve this,
    Synkron has developed a so-called 'Web content management' system, which
    everyone with a user-level knowledge of IT can learn to use in less than a
    single day". A vulnerability in the product allows remote attackers to
    cause the server to return malicious HTML/JavaScript to users as if it was
    being sent by the server.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * Synkron.web version 3

    Proof of Concept:
    First, visit the search page:
            http://www.example.net/sw000.asp
    Then search for:
            ">< script>alert('test')</script> You will see a javascript
    pop-up.
    Finally visit the cached page:
            http://www.example.net/sw000.asp?SearchCacheId=xx\
            &SearchPageNumberII=1&SearchParaId=y&SearchParaType=zzz

    This will show the same JavaScript pop-up as above.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:b240503@gyrniff.dk> gyrniff.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [NEWS] Lycos Authenticating Systems and Lycos News Server Vulnerabilities
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Latest attack techniques. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Buffer Overflow in PostgreSQL (cash_words)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] FlashFXP sites.dat Decryption
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] LKL, Linux Key Logger
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Norton Antivirus Content Filter and Virus Protection Can By Passed