[TOOL] Amap, Application Mapping Tool (Scanning)

From: SecuriTeam (support_at_securiteam.com)
Date: 05/12/03

    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 12 May 2003 13:59:04 +0200

    - - promotion

    In the US?

    Contact Beyond Security at our new California office
    housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability
    scanning. We also welcome ISPs and other resellers!

    Please contact us at: 323-882-8286 or ussales@beyondsecurity.com
    - - - - - - - - -

      Amap, Application Mapping Tool (Scanning)

    DETAILS

    Amap is a scanning tool that allows you to identify the applications that
    are running on a specific port. It does this by connecting to the port(s)
    and sending trigger packets. These trigger packets will typically be an
    application protocol handshake (i.e. SSL). Amap then looks up the response
    in a list and prints out any match it finds. Adding new response
    identifications can be done just by adding them to an easy-to-read text
    file. With Amap, you will be able to identify that SSL server running on
    port 3445 and some oracle listener on port 233!

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The tool can be downloaded from:
     <http://www.thehackerschoice.com/> http://www.thehackerschoice.com/

    The information has been provided by <mailto:vh@reptile.rug.ac.be> Van
    Houser and DJ Revmoon.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [NEWS] UDP Bypassing in Kerio Firewall (UDP Scan)
      ... Kerio develops a free firewall ... bypassed by setting the source port of the attack to 53. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] THC-Amap, Application Type Detector
      ... specific port. ... Adding new response identifications can ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] NetPipe, a Socket Redirector
      ... Toronto-based Sunrays Technologies is now Beyond Security's representative in Canada. ... It takes a socket in on one port, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Pluto, a Security Auditing Tool
      ... - Multi thread port scanner ... - SMTP Audits ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: Strange response from network
      ... i have written that amap (from thc ... ... > if a FTP is running on port 22, it will detect it as FTP not SSH. ... > Nmap may also detect detect it with -sV switch. ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ...
      (Pen-Test)