[UNIX] Password Disclosure Vulnerability Found in ChitChat

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 03/23/03

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 23 Mar 2003 11:40:41 +0200

    - - promotion

    In the US?

    Contact Beyond Security at our new California office
    housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability
    scanning. We also welcome ISPs and other resellers!

    Please contact us at: 323-882-8286 or ussales@beyondsecurity.com
    - - - - - - - - -

      Password Disclosure Vulnerability Found in ChitChat

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.cyber-cats.com/php/> The PHP ChitChat Message Board
    (GuestBook) script allows a number of options.

    Admin functions include the ability to easily remove posts, delete entire
    archives, change password, block IP addresses, and administer "bad
    language" filtering.
    The script is mis-configured to allow remote users to access sensitive
    files including administrator's login and password information.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable versions:
     * ChitChat Version 3.00 and prior.

    The vulnerability allows any user to access the passwd.txt file where the
    login name and password are kept. The passwords are DES encrypted, but
    that can be decrypted using various hacking tools.

    Exploit Method:
    Simply go to:
    http://[vulnerable.site.address]/[public | cgi-bin dir]/files/passwd.txt

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    Information was provided by <mailto:r2subj3ct@dwclan.org> subj

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] Apache Multiple Space Header DoS (Multi-Threaded Exploit)
      ... The exploit code below is another version of the Apache 2.0.52 DoS ... vulnerability published previously here: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] Suid Application Execution May Give Local Root (Exploit Code)
      ... It is possible for a local user under the FreeBSD operating system to ... For more information about the vulnerability please see: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] JBoot Password Bypassing Vulnerability
      ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Place any Windows Startup Floppy ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] Texis Sensitive Information Leak
      ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... The Texis program executes files written in Texis Web Script (a.k.a. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Album.pl Vulnerable to Remote Command Execution
      ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Vendor Response: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)