[NT] Texis Sensitive Information Leak

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 03/16/03

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 16 Mar 2003 14:26:57 +0200

    - - promotion

    In the US?

    Contact Beyond Security at our new California office
    housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability
    scanning. We also welcome ISPs and other resellers!

    Please contact us at: 323-882-8286 or ussales@beyondsecurity.com
    - - - - - - - - -

      Texis Sensitive Information Leak

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.thunderstone.com/texis/site/pages> Thunderstone is an
    independent R&D company that has been providing high-performance
    state-of-the-art solutions to intelligent information retrieval and
    management problems for over 21 years. The company's product provides
    every full-text, SQL, multimedia management, and dynamic publishing
    operation needed for an enterprise search application. A vulnerability in
    the product allows attackers to cause it to reveal sensitive information
    about itself.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * Commercial Webinator Version 4.00 (Build 1017771124 of Apr 2, 2002)

    The Texis program executes files written in Texis Web Script (a.k.a.
    Vortex), a powerful web-server-side HTML programming language. It can be
    invoked from the command line, or as a CGI program from the web server to
    run scripts. By requesting specially crafted URLs, sensitive information
    about the system will be displayed.

    Exploit:
    http://victim.com/texis.exe/?-version
    http://victim.com/texis.exe/?-dump

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:sir.mordred@hushmail.com>
    Sir Mordred.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    • [EXPL] Apache Multiple Space Header DoS (Multi-Threaded Exploit)
      ... The exploit code below is another version of the Apache 2.0.52 DoS ... vulnerability published previously here: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] JBoot Password Bypassing Vulnerability
      ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Place any Windows Startup Floppy ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] Suid Application Execution May Give Local Root (Exploit Code)
      ... It is possible for a local user under the FreeBSD operating system to ... For more information about the vulnerability please see: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Album.pl Vulnerable to Remote Command Execution
      ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Vendor Response: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NT] GiantRat Mailer Exposes Plain Text POP Password
      ... A vulnerability in the product allows local attackers to gain ... effective 03/13/2003 that scrambles the password in the .ini file. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)