[TOOL] ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)
- Previous message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "[TOOL] proDETECT, Promiscuous Mode Detector (Windows based)"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: email@example.com To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: 4 Feb 2003 17:38:57 +0200
The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com
- - promotion
Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
to our service provider team.
For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
- - - - - - - - -
ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)
<http://proxychains.sourceforge.net/> Proxychains is a command line tool
for Linux and Solaris that allows TCP tunneling trough one or multiple
(chained) HTTP proxies.
The program supports the following proxies:
* HTTP CONNECT
In addition, the following authentication types:
* SOCKS - "user/pass"
* HTTP - "basic"
When to use it?
1) When the only way to get "outside" from your LAN is through proxy
2) When you are behind restrictive firewall that filters outgoing
connections to some ports
3) When you want to use two (or more) proxies in chain: like: your_host
<--> proxy1 <--> proxy2 <--> target_host
4) When you want to "proxify" some program with no proxy support built-in
The information has been provided by <mailto:email@example.com> Net
This bulletin is sent to members of the SecuriTeam mailing list.
To unsubscribe from the list, send mail with an empty subject line and body to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to subscribe to the mailing list, simply forward this email to: email@example.com
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.