[TOOL] ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 02/04/03

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 4 Feb 2003 17:38:57 +0200

    - - promotion

    Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
    to our service provider team.
    For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
    please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
    - - - - - - - - -

      ProxyChains, Proxy Chaining Tool (Linking)

    DETAILS

     <http://proxychains.sourceforge.net/> Proxychains is a command line tool
    for Linux and Solaris that allows TCP tunneling trough one or multiple
    (chained) HTTP proxies.

    The program supports the following proxies:
     * SOCKS4
     * SOCKS5
     * HTTP CONNECT

    In addition, the following authentication types:
     * SOCKS - "user/pass"
     * HTTP - "basic"

    When to use it?
    1) When the only way to get "outside" from your LAN is through proxy
    server.
    2) When you are behind restrictive firewall that filters outgoing
    connections to some ports
    3) When you want to use two (or more) proxies in chain: like: your_host
    <--> proxy1 <--> proxy2 <--> target_host
    4) When you want to "proxify" some program with no proxy support built-in
    (like telnet)

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:proxychains@yahoo.com> Net
    Creature.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    Relevant Pages

    • [TOOL] Bigeye, Service Emulation Tool
      ... emulating protocols such as HTTP or FTP. ... The services currently available are FTP ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] 3Scan, Remote Proxy Detection Program
      ... The program has the ability to test for HTTP, ... is used by spammers as open proxy, and if it is, blacklist it. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Best way to block incoming connections from open httpproxy servers?
      ... Trying to enumerate the bad IP addresses with open proxies is a loosing ... Their may be some comprehensive lists of proxies out there, ... What's the recommended way to maintain a list of public, open http proxies ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Proxies
      ... It is more or less impossible with current technology ... to set up an automated system to *completely* prevent ... How do you block *all* HTTP proxies, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: MS Security Bulletin MS04-004 Broke my script
      ... taking the time to read the ENTIRE bulletin! ... >> latest security patch that command causes a 404Error ... passwords in HTTP ... >Internet Explorer. ...