[TOOL] THC-Amap, Application Type Detector

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/05/03

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 5 Jan 2003 13:19:50 +0200

    - - promotion

    Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
    to our service provider team.
    For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
    please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
    - - - - - - - - -

      THC-Amap, Application Type Detector

    DETAILS

     <http://www.thehackerschoice.com/releases.php> THC-Amap is a scanning
    tool that allows you to identify the applications that are running on a
    specific port. It does this by connecting to the port(s) and sending
    trigger packets. These trigger packets will typically be an application
    protocol handshake (i.e. SSL). Amap then looks up the response in a list
    and prints out any match it finds. Adding new response identifications can
    be done just by adding them to an easy-to-read text file. With amap, you
    will be able to identify that SSL server running on port 3445 and some
    oracle listener on port 233.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:vh@reptile.rug.ac.be> Van
    Houser, DJ Revmoon.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    Relevant Pages

    • [TOOL] Amap, Application Mapping Tool (Scanning)
      ... are running on a specific port. ... Amap then looks up the response ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] UDP Bypassing in Kerio Firewall (UDP Scan)
      ... Kerio develops a free firewall ... bypassed by setting the source port of the attack to 53. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] NetPipe, a Socket Redirector
      ... Toronto-based Sunrays Technologies is now Beyond Security's representative in Canada. ... It takes a socket in on one port, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Pluto, a Security Auditing Tool
      ... - Multi thread port scanner ... - SMTP Audits ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • Gopher hole - MS02-027
      ... Will simply blocking the gopher port, tcp & udp port 70, ... The revision history at the bottom of the bulletin ...
      (microsoft.public.security)