[NT] pWins Perl Web Server Directory Transversal Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 11/28/02

    From: support@securiteam.com
    To: list@securiteam.com
    Date: 28 Nov 2002 18:29:11 +0200

    - - promotion

    Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online
    to our service provider team.
    For more info on their service offering IP-Secure,
    please visit http://www.worldonline.co.za/services/work_ip.asp
    - - - - - - - - -

      pWins Perl Web Server Directory Transversal Vulnerability

    SUMMARY

     <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pwins> pWins is a web server
    software based on Perl code, a vulnerability in the product allows remote
    attackers to access files that reside outside the normally bounding HTML
    root directory.

    DETAILS

    Vulnerable systems:
     * pWins version 0.2.5

    Example:
    http://SomeWebServer/../../windows/repair/sam._

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    The information has been provided by <mailto:mattwagenknecht@hotmail.com>
    Matthew Wagenknecht.

    ====================
    ====================

    DISCLAIMER:
    The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
    In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

    Relevant Pages

    • [UNIX] Xkas Application Vulnerability
      ... the root directory, the following files are created in the root. ... Remove 'other-write' permission, contact your vendor, and get a patch. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [UNIX] Buffer Overflow in PostgreSQL (cash_words)
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] FlashFXP sites.dat Decryption
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] LKL, Linux Key Logger
      ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
      (Securiteam)
    • [TOOL] Traceroute Not Requiring the "s" Bit