[UNIX] The Books Module for the PostNuke CMS XSS Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 10/06/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: 6 Oct 2002 7:44:9 +0200

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  The Books Module for the PostNuke CMS XSS Vulnerability

SUMMARY

The <http://pn-mod-books.sourceforge.net/> books module is a module for
the PostNuke Content Management System. PostNuke is a powerful
open-source'd and highly modularized CMS. It can be extended with so
called "modules". This is one of them. A vulnerability in the product
allows remote attackers to cause the product to display third-party data
as if it were its own (this data can be anything from HTML to JavaScript).

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
 * Books module version 0.54 is running as a Mutant (PN 0.64)
 * Books module version 0.6 is running as a Rogue (PN 0.7)

Exploit:
http://servernuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=books&file=index&req=search&query=|script|alert(document.cookie)|/script|

(Change | x <> )

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:jorgep@spdps.com.ar>
Pistone.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] TFTPD32 Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (Long filename)
    ... Vulnerable systems: ... * TFTP32 version 2.21 and prior ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] klprfax_filter Symlink Vulnerability
    ... Vulnerable systems: ... the product would create a temporary file ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] QPopper Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (BULLDIR)
    ... QPopper is the most widely used POP3 ... Vulnerable systems: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] The 4D Web Server has a Buffer Overflow Condition
    ... Vulnerable systems: ... * 4D Webserver version 6.7.3 ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] SLMail PASS Buffer Overflow
    ... The following exploit code can be used to test your SLMail ... # Discovered by: Muts # ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)