[NT] Denial of Service Found in IBM U2 UniVerse

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 08/01/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Thu,  1 Aug 2002 13:51:26 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Denial of Service Found in IBM U2 UniVerse

SUMMARY

By sending an invalid query to the
<http://www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/universe/uv10.html> IBM U2 UniVerse
causes it to slow to something between 5sec to 2min response time,
repeated attacks can cause the server to crash.

DETAILS

Exploit:
Create a query accessing UV/ODBC and include inside it an invalid link
between tables, this will cause the server to mishandle the query, cause
it to utilize more processing time, causing it to lag behind other
queries. A repeated attack will consume all available resources, causing
the server to crash.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:cmeinberg@sistran.com.br>
Claudio Ortiz Meinberg.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Jigsaw Webserver Path Disclosure
    ... Jigsaw is W3C's leading-edge Web server platform, ... Corrective action: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] iCal Remote DoS and Path Disclosure
    ... so access calendar ... product allow remote attackers to reveal the true path used in the server, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] BRS WebWeaver FTP Server Vulnerabilities
    ... the true path used by the server. ... It is possible to cause the server to reveal the true path used by it by ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] Zeroo Folder Traversal Vulnerability
    ... HTTP server. ... print STDOUT $line; ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Opty-Way Enterprise Includes MSDE with Blank sa Account
    ... the SQL server is left password-less. ... thus allowing remote launch of xp_cmdshell. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)