[NEWS] WolfMail Allows Relaying of SPAM

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 05/15/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  WolfMail Allows Relaying of SPAM

SUMMARY

WolfMail.cgi, is a CGI (like Formmail.cgi) that allows users to send email
via a web interface. The configuration for WolfMail.cgi is not internally
hard coded but rather it is passed via parameters provided by the HTML
input statements, this allows any user to send fake emails.

DETAILS

Most of the configuration of the email sending mechanism is done by
providing HTTP POST values, these values are sent via an HTML file that
can be easily modified, so that for example:
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="email@example.com">
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="From your site...">

Can be easily changed to:
<input type="text" name="recipient" value="spam@mail.com">
<input type="text" name="subject" value="Hi you">
<input type="text" name="abemail" value="fake@mail.com" size="17"
maxlength="140">

Allowing you to define those two values causing the program to send an
email from fake@mail.com to spam@mail.com.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:Dead_Beat@gmx.de> Dead Beat.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [UNIX] Buffer Overflow in PostgreSQL (cash_words)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] FlashFXP sites.dat Decryption
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] LKL, Linux Key Logger
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] WPoison SQL Injection Stress Testing
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Traceroute Not Requiring the "s" Bit