[NEWS] Cisco Secure ACS Web Server has a Directory Traversal Issue (Additional details)

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 04/06/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Sat,  6 Apr 2002 13:21:17 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Cisco Secure ACS Web Server has a Directory Traversal Issue (Additional
details)

SUMMARY

As we reported in our previous article:
<http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5LP09156UW.html> Cisco Secure
ACS Web Server Found to Contain Vulnerabilities, a security vulnerability
in Cisco's Secure ACS web server allows attackers to view the content of
files that reside outside the normally bounding HTML root directory. The
following advisory is provides additional details on the issue.

DETAILS

Affected Products:
The affected product is Cisco Secure Access Control Server for Windows
releases 2.6.x and ACS 3.0.1 (build 40). A patch is available.

Cisco Secure ACS has a web server interface listening on port 2002. It is
possible for a logged in user to read files outside the web directory.

Exploit:
After a successful login, one could supply such a URL as:
http://>:<dynamicport>/..\..\..\..\..\..\temp\temp.class to read the
contents of the file temp.class in the folder 'temp' on the same volume
that the software is installed.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by
<mailto:
Patrik.Karlsson@ixsecurity.com> Patrik Karlsson.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-disclosure] [CORE-2010-0121] Multiple Vulnerabilities with 8.3 Filename Pseudonyms
    ... Core Security Technologies - CoreLabs Advisory ... Multiple Vulnerabilities with 8.3 Filename Pseudonyms in Web Servers ... Nginx Web Server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [CORE-2010-0121] Multiple Vulnerabilities with 8.3 Filename Pseudonyms in Web Servers
    ... Core Security Technologies - CoreLabs Advisory ... Multiple Vulnerabilities with 8.3 Filename Pseudonyms in Web Servers ... Nginx Web Server. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] server security
    ... I don't see how any can argue against the security value of such a configuration. ... This is a basic web server that runs email, web and a couple other things. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] server security
    ... I don't see how any can argue against the security value of such a configuration. ... It's unlikely, but you never know, you just might miss out on a nasty worm all because you werent running on a default port one day. ... This is a basic web server that runs email, web and a couple other things. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: server security
    ... I know I have seen a plethora of 3389 automated scans and upon successful connection, attempted password attacks, what would happen if I changed to some other port? ... I am certainly not suggesting it would protect you from an Advanced Persistent Threat, but every little layer of security affords a little protection, deterrence, or delay. ... This is a basic web server that runs email, web and a couple other things. ... Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)