[TOOL] LibcURL, a Multi-Protocol File Transfer Library

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 03/26/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:25:15 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  LibcURL, a Multi-Protocol File Transfer Library

DETAILS

 <http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/> LibcURL is a free, highly portable and
easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library, supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP,
HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP. LibcURL supports HTTPS
certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading, Kerberos, HTTP form
based upload, proxies, cookies, user and password authentication, file
transfer resume, http proxy tunneling and more!

LibcURL builds and works identically on numerous platforms, including
Solaris, Net/Free/Open BSD, Darwin, HPUX, IRIX, AIX, Tru64, Linux,
Windows, Amiga, OS/2, BeOS, Mac OS X, Ultrix, QNX, OpenVMS, RISC OS and
more...

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The tool can be downloaded from:
 <http://curl.haxx.se/download.html> http://curl.haxx.se/download.html.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [TOOL] Bigeye, Service Emulation Tool
    ... emulating protocols such as HTTP or FTP. ... The services currently available are FTP ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: why use ftp if http provides the same services???
    ... >> when downloading a file often the websites give two option..either ... >> download it from a ftp site or http.. ... >> html.eg.word,spreadsheet file) from http server and ftp server.? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Overview Of New Intel Core i7(Nehalem) Processor
    ... FTP wins on all counts. ... Check the RFCs. ... HTTP, thus the need for a downloader tool to replace much of the ... Most HTTP download managers are a scam; if you fell for it, ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • RE: Size checking?
    ... > of OOP. ... >> way to go at least for the HTTP files. ... >> won't) provide the same file via FTP, ... >> protocols to their common factors. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Opentextfile TriStateMixed
    ... If it doesn't work you might also try using HTTP. ... I find that if I use winsock and talk directly to an FTP server, ... The FTP server just sends the file to me with an HTTP ... "The GetHeader method is used to retrieve header text from an HTTP file" ...