[NT] Web Server 4D/eCommerce DoS Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/20/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:24:14 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Web Server 4D/eCommerce DoS Vulnerability

SUMMARY

 <http://www.mdg.com/> Web Server 4D/eCommerce is a single application
that includes a shopping cart, credit card authorization, and order
tracking - as well as Web Server 4D 3.5 and WS4D/CGI. A security
vulnerability in the product allows attackers to cause the server to crash
by sending it a long HTTP request.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
Web Server 4D/eCommerce version 3.5.3

Example:
Server crashes after sending a very long URL:
http://host/AAAAAAAAA...(Ax2500)...AAA

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:ts@securityoffice.net> Tamer
Sahin.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [TOOL] WebServerFP, Web Server Fingerprint Tool
    ... HTTP code ... Currently only limited amounts of web server types are available. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Malloc() WebMiner, Web Server File and Directory Enumerator (Miner)
    ... to our service provider team. ... used to find common web server exposures and also ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Xitami Web Server Plaintext Administrator Password Storage
    ... Xitami is a multithreaded Web server. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] WebReflex Directory Traversal Vulnerability
    ... allows remote attackers to traverse beyond the normally bound HTML root ... directory provided by the web server. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Dinos Web Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A vulnerability has been discovered in Dino's web server ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)