[NT] Pi3Web Webserver Buffer Overflow Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/16/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:53:13 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Pi3Web Webserver Buffer Overflow Vulnerability

SUMMARY

The <http://pi3web.sourceforge.net> Pi3 Component architecture is a high
performance server based suite of libraries to enable rapid development of
server software. One of the components available for this architecture is
<http://pi3web.sourceforge.net/pi3web/> Pi3Web.
A buffer overflow vulnerability in the product allows remote attackers to
crash the server by issuing a malformed request.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
Pi3Web version 2.0

Server crashes after sending very long CGI parameter a few times.

http://host/cgi-bin/hello.exe.....<224 char>......

The instruction at "0x77fcc1df" referenced memory at "0x009946c0". The
memory could not be "read".

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:tamer@ONAR.COM.TR> Tamer
Sahin.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] iCal Remote DoS and Path Disclosure
    ... so access calendar ... product allow remote attackers to reveal the true path used in the server, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Jigsaw Webserver Path Disclosure
    ... Jigsaw is W3C's leading-edge Web server platform, ... Corrective action: ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] BRS WebWeaver FTP Server Vulnerabilities
    ... the true path used by the server. ... It is possible to cause the server to reveal the true path used by it by ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] Zeroo Folder Traversal Vulnerability
    ... HTTP server. ... print STDOUT $line; ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Opty-Way Enterprise Includes MSDE with Blank sa Account
    ... the SQL server is left password-less. ... thus allowing remote launch of xp_cmdshell. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)