[NEWS] www.address.com Account Hijacking Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/16/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:36:17 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  www.address.com Account Hijacking Vulnerability

SUMMARY

 <http://www.address.com> www.address.com has a vulnerability that allows
reading the email of other users. address.com offers, among other things,
free email (similar to hotmail.com).

DETAILS

The registration form used by www.address.com allows attackers to
overwrite existing accounts. When it does, the password is overwritten,
and the new user takes control of the account (the former user will no
longer know the password).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by Anonymous.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [UNIX] Posix_getpw* Ignores Safe_mode and Open_basedir Settings
    ... thus allowing a user to rebuild a complete ... user to know what accounts have what privileges and what accounts have ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [REVS] Analysis of the Exploitation Processes
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Stack overwrite, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] SLMail PASS Buffer Overflow
    ... The following exploit code can be used to test your SLMail ... # Discovered by: Muts # ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [EXPL] Xsun (Sparc) Local Exploit (RGB_DB)
    ... struct TREE { ... main(int argc, char *argv) ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [UNIX] php(Reactor) Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
    ... Therefore, any user may construct a malicious link, gain ... the $fid and $tid variables should be integers. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)