[NT] AOLserver Unauthorized File Disclosure Vulnerability

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 01/13/02

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:38:01 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  AOLserver Unauthorized File Disclosure Vulnerability

SUMMARY

 <http://www.aolserver.com/> AOLserver is America Online's Open-Source web
server. AOLserver is the backbone of the largest and busiest production
environments in the world. Due to a flaw in AOLserver 3.4.2 for Windows,
it is possible for a user to gain read access of known password protected
files residing on an AOLserver host.

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
AOLserver version 3.4.2

Example:
http://host/nstelemetry.adp.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:ts@securityoffice.net> Tamer
Sahin.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [UNIX] Buffer Overflow in PostgreSQL (cash_words)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] FlashFXP sites.dat Decryption
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] LKL, Linux Key Logger
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Norton Antivirus Content Filter and Virus Protection Can By Passed
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [TOOL] WPoison SQL Injection Stress Testing