[TOOL] All in One Banner Removal Tool

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 12/12/01

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:59:13 +0100 (CET)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  All in One Banner Removal Tool

DETAILS

Banners leak very sensitive information to attackers wanting to penetrate
your machine, such as version numbers and installed modules.
The web site <http://www.nstalker.com> www.nstalker.com offers a bunch of
banner removal tools for the various servers.

Apache Banner Edit Tool
The tool can be downloaded from:
 <http://www.nstalker.com/defense/Apache-Banner-Edit.zip>
http://www.nstalker.com/defense/Apache-Banner-Edit.zip

IIS/PWS Banner Edit Tool
Changes the information server returns from an HTTP command, by editing
the W3SVC.DLL in the Windows directory.
The tool can be downloaded from:
 <http://www.nstalker.com/defense/IIS-Banner-Edit.zip>
http://www.nstalker.com/defense/IIS-Banner-Edit.zip

MS-FTP Banner Edit Tool
The tool can be downloaded from:
 <http://www.nstalker.com/defense/FTP-Banner-Edit.zip>
http://www.nstalker.com/defense/FTP-Banner-Edit.zip

MS-SMTP Banner Edit Tool
The tool can be downloaded from:
 <http://www.nstalker.com/defense/SMTP-Banner-Edit.zip>
http://www.nstalker.com/defense/SMTP-Banner-Edit.zip

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:felipe@nstalker.com> felipe.

====================
====================

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] Britcoun.org Cross Site Scripting via Wops.cgi
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A cross-site scripting vulnerability in the British Council is possible ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Dinos Web Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A vulnerability has been discovered in Dino's web server ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] www.myownemail.com Vulnerable to Cross Site Scripting
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Note that the second one has been left out of an UID hash, ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] IE Denial of Service (Bad IMG Tag)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... An image tag with garbage characters in a particular order can cause the ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NEWS] Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability in Microsoft.com
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. ... In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages. ...
    (Securiteam)