[NEWS] Oracle9iAS Web Cache Overflow Vulnerability (Patch)

From: support@securiteam.com
Date: 10/27/01

From: support@securiteam.com
To: list@securiteam.com
Subject: [NEWS] Oracle9iAS Web Cache Overflow Vulnerability (Patch)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:34:16 +0200 (CEST)

- - promotion

When was the last time you checked your server's security?
How about a monthly report?
http://www.AutomatedScanning.com - Know that you're safe.
- - - - - - - - -

  Oracle9iAS Web Cache Overflow Vulnerability (Patch)

SUMMARY

A potential security vulnerability has been discovered in Oracle9iAS Web
Cache 2.0.0.1. This vulnerability enables an attacker to mount a
denial-of-service attack using an oversized HTTP GET request. On some
platforms there is an additional vulnerability that may allow remote
execution of arbitrary code.

For more information, see our previous article:
 <http://www.securiteam.com/exploits/6P00L002UA.html> Oracle9iAS Web Cache
Multiple DoS and Buffer Overflow

DETAILS

Vulnerable systems:
Oracle9iAS Web Cache 2.0.0.1

Patch:
Oracle has comprehensively fixed this security vulnerability in the
2.0.0.2 release of Oracle9iAS Web Cache. Supported customers may download
the release for their platform from Oracle's Worldwide Support web site,
Metalink, <http://metalink.oracle.com> http://metalink.oracle.com. Press
the "Patches" button to get to the patches web page. Enter the platform
and corresponding patch number from the table below, and press "Submit."

Platform patch number:
MS Windows NT/2000 Server - 2044682
Sun SPARC Solaris - 2042106
HP-UX - 2043908
Linux - 2043924
Compaq Tru64 UNIX - 2043921
AIX - 2043917

Alternatively, this release may be downloaded for evaluation on Windows
NT, Solaris, HP, and Linux from the Oracle Technology Network,
<http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html>
http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The information has been provided by <mailto:secalert_us@oracle.com>
Oracle Security Alerts.

DISCLAIMER:
The information in this bulletin is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages.