Administrivia: Zotob/PnP Exploit Survey

From: Cooper, Russ (russ.cooper_at_CYBERTRUST.COM)
Date: 08/29/05

    Date:         Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:03:26 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Folks,

    I would like to request your participation in a survey we (Cybertrust)
    are conducting about the exploit which attacked the MS05-039 Plug-n-Play
    vulnerability recently. It is anonymous, although you can provide an
    email address and receive a summary of the results (in about 10 days) if
    you choose.

    Whether you were impacted by this recent worm or not, I'd really
    appreciate you taking a few minutes to respond. If you had no impact,
    there's only 7 questions total. If you there was an impact to you, its
    21 questions. Either way, shouldn't take long to complete.

    The survey will be up until Friday this week.

    http://www.trusecure.com/knowledge/survey/survey_mydoom.shtml

    Cheers,
    Russ
    Senior Information Security Analyst/NTBugtraq Editor
    Cybertrust, Inc.

    --
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:
    Most viruses these days use spoofed email addresses. As such, using an Anti-Virus product which automatically notifies the perceived sender of a message it believes is infected may well cause more harm than good. Someone who did not actually send you a virus may receive the notification and scramble their support staff to find an infection which never existed in the first place. Suggest such notifications be disabled by whomever is responsible for your AV, or at least that the idea is considered.