Moving or removing folders with Outlook -- Exchange IS stops responding

From: Danny (nocmonkey_at_GMAIL.COM)
Date: 03/03/05

    Date:         Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:59:51 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    FYI: Microsoft has released details about nasty bug with Exchange
    Server 2003 & SP1.

    "When you try to move or to remove a folder that contains many
    subfolders in Outlook, the Microsoft Exchange Information Store
    service stops responding, and event 9673 is recorded"

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891504

    I can't believe this made it past beta testing.

    ...D

    --
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:
    Most viruses these days use spoofed email addresses. As such, using an Anti-Virus product which automatically notifies the perceived sender of a message it believes is infected may well cause more harm than good. Someone who did not actually send you a virus may receive the notification and scramble their support staff to find an infection which never existed in the first place. Suggest such notifications be disabled by whomever is responsible for your AV, or at least that the idea is considered.

    • RE: Exchange Server
      ... I'd like to make a summary for the Exchange issue here: ... Download the EX2KSP3_server.exe file from this page into the SP3 folder. ... Using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Recovery Storage Groups ... <To resolve this ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Exchange synchronizes addrs every 4 seconds???
      ... I understand that a roob of the server will temporary resovle this issue for days. ... I suggest you to install the Exchange SP1 on your server. ... Microsoft Partner Support Professional ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Missing Messages
      ... folder. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Change the mail header to the recipient on the Exchange server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: DNS and Exchange issues
      ... despite the store being mounted and the Exchange ... > Server\Support folder, then send it to my mailbox. ... > 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange ... > 294318 C1041724 Error Occurs When You Try to Mount a Database ...