NTBugtraq Retreat - is there interest?

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 02/05/05

    Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2005 14:55:26 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    After last year's abysmal response to a retreat, I seriously considered
    just junking the idea.

    I thought, however, I'd take another stab at it and see whether there'd
    be interest in another retreat this year.

    Simply, the retreat is intended as a 3 day opportunity to meet with a
    variety of NTBugtraq subscribers.

    We've always had a few "high profile" attendees in the past, like Robert
    Abbott, William Murray, Dr. Peter Tippett, Marcus Ranum, Paul Robertson,
    various CARO members, and a number of people from Microsoft security
    orgs. Meals have always been top-class, scheduling has been more casual
    and less intensive than a normal conference to provide an opportunity
    for private and smaller "get-togethers" like BoFs. Its a relaxed and
    comfortable atmosphere.

    Topics are decided by you, and everyone else who attends, prior to the
    actual retreat.

    The cost includes meals, beverages of all kinds, and the retreat itself.
    Accommodation used to be included, but wouldn't this time. Cost would
    likely be Canadian $1,000 per person.

    The date is open at this point, so if you're interested, suggest a date
    (or several dates.)

    Let me know!

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

    --
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:
    Most viruses these days use spoofed email addresses. As such, using an Anti-Virus product which automatically notifies the perceived sender of a message it believes is infected may well cause more harm than good. Someone who did not actually send you a virus may receive the notification and scramble their support staff to find an infection which never existed in the first place. Suggest such notifications be disabled by whomever is responsible for your AV, or at least that the idea is considered.