MS04-028 Enterprise Scanning Tool KB location

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 10/13/04

    Date:         Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:03:06 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    The initial publication of MS04-028 Revision 2.0 included references to a new Enterprise Scanning and Deployment Tool from Microsoft. James Baird alerted me to the fact that the KB links weren't working for 866988, and I informed Microsoft. I put it down to the fact that KBs referenced in Security Bulletins are often delayed in being deployed on the MS site. MS informed me at ~8:00pm Eastern that they were pushing a revision of the bulletin to correct the URL.

    They had provided the following URL, which didn't work;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886998

    They replaced it with this URL, which does work;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=886988

    Searching the Knowledgebase for 886988 or Q886988 serves no purpose, it doesn't know what you're talking about...yet (presumably its just not updated yet.)

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

    --
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:
    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.