Re: MinorRev: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: ntbug list (ntbugtraq_at_MINDSIEVE.COM)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date:         Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:30:25 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    At 17:24 9/23/2004 -0400, Reynolds, Tom wrote:

    >SO, how do I re-run it now to check? I can't download it, I can't
    >uninstall it so Windows Update can detected it again?
    >
    >Did I miss something here?
    >
    >-Tom R

    Visit the above url, read the section:
    Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to this security update

    "
    Microsoft has created a tool that will also assist in detecting if you are
    running one or more affected products and components. Where can I get more
    information about this tool?

    Microsoft has created the GDI+ Detection tool to assist customers in
    detecting if they are running one or more affected products that contain a
    vulnerable version of the JPEG Parsing component on their system. Microsoft
    Knowledge Base Article 873374* describes this tool as well as provides
    instructions on how to download this tool.
    "

    * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;873374

    --
    Allen C deletes email to harvested.address@easytospell.com
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that