Re: MinorRev: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: ntbug list (ntbugtraq_at_MINDSIEVE.COM)
Date: 09/28/04

    Date:         Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:30:25 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    At 17:24 9/23/2004 -0400, Reynolds, Tom wrote:

    >SO, how do I re-run it now to check? I can't download it, I can't
    >uninstall it so Windows Update can detected it again?
    >
    >Did I miss something here?
    >
    >-Tom R

    Visit the above url, read the section:
    Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to this security update

    "
    Microsoft has created a tool that will also assist in detecting if you are
    running one or more affected products and components. Where can I get more
    information about this tool?

    Microsoft has created the GDI+ Detection tool to assist customers in
    detecting if they are running one or more affected products that contain a
    vulnerable version of the JPEG Parsing component on their system. Microsoft
    Knowledge Base Article 873374* describes this tool as well as provides
    instructions on how to download this tool.
    "

    * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;873374

    --
    Allen C deletes email to harvested.address@easytospell.com
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that

    • Re: 0x80072EFD error
      ... After back and forth with Microsoft, my update issue has finally been ... > me either and I couldn’t download SP2. ... > This behavior can also occur if the temporary folder of Windows Update ... > go the following link to manually download SP2: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Windows Updater Crash
      ... Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder ... > you supplied give the same result as Windows Update. ... > should I continue to update manually from Microsoft Downloads? ...
    • Re: Error 0x80070020 Windows Update
      ... I attempted to load the latest Windows update software and get the ... I'll just manually download updates. ... Note that you only need to uninstall the interferer to do the update's install phase. ... stems from an automatic download of Microsoft Compression ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Critical Updates - "Try Microsoft Update"
      ... in the end you will have to use Microsoft ... it will look almost exactly like Windows Update. ... We understand this is a new program for Critical Updates and also included ... Or would we have to also download other updates for Office, ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: Error 0x80070020 Windows Update
      ... stems from an automatic download of Microsoft Compression ... Client 1.0 for Windows XP or Microsoft Silverlight, ... manually download and install new updates. ... When I went to the Windows Update site, I was first told "Update Windows to ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)