Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: Dave English (dave.english_at_THUS.NET)
Date: 09/16/04

    Date:         Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:27:19 +0100
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    In message <33673E294083364AB67C85A4245FE3541BCB82@muskie.rc.on.ca>,
    Russ Cooper <Russ.Cooper@TRUSECURE.CA> writes
    >Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028:
    >Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
    >Affected Software:
    >------------------
    >* Microsoft Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 (all versions)
    ><http://tinyurl.com/67g3k>
    >* Microsoft Visio 2003 (all versions)
    ><http://tinyurl.com/4xhuy>

    I found a version 5.1.3100.0 of gdiplus.dll in

             Program Files\Microsoft Office\Visio Viewer

    from Visio Viewer 2002 .

    Perhaps other viewers are also affected.

    The GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374) from Windows Update failed to find it
    and told me that I had no such vulnerability in Microsoft Office etc..

    Regards

    --
    Dave English                      Senior Software & Systems Engineer
                                  Internet Platform Development, Thus plc