Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: Sergile, Daniel (COX-Atlanta) (Daniel.Sergile_at_COX.COM)
Date: 09/23/04

    Date:         Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:42:21 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Well the time has come. We have 3 exploits out for the MS04-028
    vulnerability.

    www.k-oitk.com/exploits has 3 exploits

    1. Adds Administrator group account
    2. Spawns Shell code
    3. Locks up the box and requires reboot

    These have been tested on XP SP1 English and Italian versions. It DOES
    NOT work of XP SP2

    Just and FYI.

    Daniel Sergile, CISSP
    Information Security Engineer