Buffer overflow in battlefield 1942 EA.Help.lnk

From: PBS (pbsoft_at_BIGPOND.NET.AU)
Date: 09/22/04

  • Next message: Sergile, Daniel (COX-Atlanta): "Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)"
    Date:         Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:36:19 +1000
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Not sure if this information is of any interest to anyone here...

    I was playing with Filemon to figure out why a file would not delete on xp
    desktop, after filemon told me that there was a sharing violation with
    another app , I sorted that out but while looking through the list I came
    across this "buffer overflow" and saw this line
    I have never played this game and it has not been used since installed a few
    months ago, so why is it "active" on my OS?

    0.00000838 explorer.exe:264 IRP_MJ_QUERY_INFORMATION C:\Documents and
    Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\EA
    Help.lnk BUFFER OVERFLOW FileAllInformation

    "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in
    school." ~Albert Einstein

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----