Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: Kurt Levitan (KL_NTBugTraq_at_SPAMEX.COM)
Date: 09/22/04

    Date:         Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:56:05 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Do you know if Outlook uses the GDI from Office or from IE? We can easily
    deploy the OS and the IE versions of the patch but deploying an Office patch
    is difficult in our environment (long story). I know that Outlook often uses
    the IE engine for processing html messages. So would patching IE protect
    Outlook?

    Thanks!
       - Kurt

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----