Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028 - Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)

From: Kurt Levitan (KL_NTBugTraq_at_SPAMEX.COM)
Date: 09/22/04

    Date:         Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:56:05 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Do you know if Outlook uses the GDI from Office or from IE? We can easily
    deploy the OS and the IE versions of the patch but deploying an Office patch
    is difficult in our environment (long story). I know that Outlook often uses
    the IE engine for processing html messages. So would patching IE protect
    Outlook?

    Thanks!
       - Kurt

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----

    • RE: Calendar Time Zone, Outlook 2003 and KB928388
      ... Microsoft 928388 Daylight savings patch and Outlook 2003 appointments, ... they appear time shifted one hour, when viewed on a computer with Outlook ... 2003 with the patch and a computer with Office 2003 without the patch. ... To err on the side of caution, all clients connecting to the same mailbox ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • Re: Installing todays Office 2000 security update (KB892842) with
      ... Went back to updates now it only states that the Outlook Collaboration Data ... Objects (CDO) Update: ... Now if we can figure out how to get CDO update to stick (when I install it, ... patch) then it can include it in the file re-build. ...
      (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
    • RE: Calendar Time Zone, Outlook 2003 and KB928388
      ... impacting much more that a calendar. ... they appear time shifted one hour, when viewed on a computer with Outlook ... 2003 with the patch and a computer with Office 2003 without the patch. ... To err on the side of caution, all clients connecting to the same mailbox ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • KB835732 Errors and Fixes
      ... On our network we recently pushed this patch, ... administrator rights, the problems with Outlook, IE, etc ... The fix involves resetting the permissions under the WINNT ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
    • Re: Patchday Januar 07
      ... bereits beim Öffnen von Excel Dateien, der Patch gehört damit wohl zum ... Outlook(nicht Outlook Express!) wird hiermit von drei Lücken befreit. ... .oss Dateien von einer Webseite geladen werden. ... Endlich einmal wieder ein Patch für alle Benutzer von aktuellen Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)