Re: SP2 Install Error - Access is denied.

From: Andrew Aronoff (ntbugtraq.sub_at_AARONOFF.COM)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date:         Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:06:14 +0200
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hello Wally,

    > Now, does anyone know how to use VBScript to check the permissions
    > on one of these registry keys? I'd like to automate this solution to
    > run the batch file if necessary.

    I'd advise looking at MSKB 269159, which explains "how to use
    ADsSecurity.dll to obtain a security descriptor (SD) for a... registry
    key... The article provides a simple algorithm along with a Microsoft
    Visual Basic code example..."

    regards, Andy

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----

    • Athif-SUS is still not working-Please help me!
      ... I am posting my registry keys as they are now. ... Windows ... And the batch file: ... Net Start "wuauserv" ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Batch file help
      ... I want to add the following registry keys using a batch file. ... This is the content of the reg file: ... either prefix the hex numbers with 0x to ...
    • Re: Remove specific registry keys with batch command
      ... Open the command prompt window and type the following,followed by pressing the enter key:- ... Is it possible to delete four registry keys with the help of a batch ... add the batch file in the system startup. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)