kerberos!

From: Besirevic, Nesha (Nesha.Besirevic_at_SCALA.NET)
Date: 09/02/04

    Date:         Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:25:00 +0200
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hi,

     Another joke from MS....

     Scenario:

     Two ADs (SBS 2003 - win2003 native mode and 2003 AD - win2000 native mode,
    no trust btw, they are simply using sam IP addresses range)

     Administrator account has same password on both ADs.

     Without any additional authentication you can easily map Admin Share (C$
    for example) from one AD DC to another being logged on as Administrator.

     I thought we passed this kind of traps with KERBEROS!!!!

     Can anybody confirm this!!!!

     Thanks in advance

    Nesha Besirevic
    Technical Consultant\iScalaCRM
     <http://www.epicor.com/> www.epicor.com
    Tel.: +361 452-7689
    Cell: +3630 996-3238
    Fax: +361 452-7501
    E-Mail: nbesirevic@epicor.com <mailto:nbesirevic@epicor.com>
    <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Nesha.Besirevic/Local%20Settings/Temp
    /(EmptyReference!)>

    This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have
    delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose
    or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have
    taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but
    we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
    message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by
    software viruses.

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----