XP SP2 application testing

From: William Hobson (b-hobson_at_TAMU.EDU)
Date: 08/18/04

    Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:07:11 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I have been testing with SP2 since RC1. My biggest concern was always a
    home-grown, Oracle-based, financial package that we use as an agency. It
    has been a headache when used with third-party pop-up blockers (it
    wouldn't run!). It uses Java extensions called Oracle Jinitiators and
    because of the past history with pop-up blockers, I was concerned that
    SP2 would break the application.

    I am happy to report that SP2 Gold passed with flying colors. Big sigh
    of relief!

    William J. (Bill) Hobson
    Network Administrator
    Information Security Officer
    Network and Computing Support Services
    Texas Engineering Experiment Station

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----