XP SP2 application testing

From: William Hobson (b-hobson_at_TAMU.EDU)
Date: 08/18/04

    Date:         Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:07:11 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I have been testing with SP2 since RC1. My biggest concern was always a
    home-grown, Oracle-based, financial package that we use as an agency. It
    has been a headache when used with third-party pop-up blockers (it
    wouldn't run!). It uses Java extensions called Oracle Jinitiators and
    because of the past history with pop-up blockers, I was concerned that
    SP2 would break the application.

    I am happy to report that SP2 Gold passed with flying colors. Big sigh
    of relief!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    William J. (Bill) Hobson
    Network Administrator
    Information Security Officer
    Network and Computing Support Services
    Texas Engineering Experiment Station

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----

    • Re: Problems installing Oracle products. PATH variable too long?
      ... The problem is that we have quite a lot of Oracle products (BI Tools, ... Warehouse Builder, Designer, Jdeveloper etc) and each of these products ... And XP SP2 does NOT do what you claim. ... My path is far less than 1000 characters. ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.misc)
    • RE: HTTP Export to Excel from within application
      ... I posted a similar question regarding exporting within Oracle 11i. ... problem occurred after implementing XP SP2. ... > I have a 2003 Web Server which my app resides on, ... > Excel locally and triggers a Web Query that attempts to pull the data into ...
    • Can not register OraOLEDB.dll COM object
      ... We're running XP Pro with SP2. ... Installation of Oracle Client also ...
    • Re: wildcards are driving me nuts!
      ... is the latest version for windows xp sp2 which i have. ... Furthermore the table on wich the form goes is a linked table, ... I'm afraid I don't really know - nor do I have an Oracle database to test ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)
    • Re: help me stop pop-ups!!
      ... There are many *free* pop-up blockers, and one of the features of XP SP2 ... PC World Free Pop Up Stopper: ... Changes to Functionality in Windows XP SP2: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)