XP2 Delayed for windows update

From: Johnathan Samples (johnathansamples_at_GREENWAYMEDICAL.COM)
Date: 08/16/04

    Date:         Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:25:14 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    From MS:

    Last week, we received feedback from our corporate customers that they would
    like more time to put this temporary blocking mechanism into place. Based
    on that feedback, we have altered the delivery schedule of Windows XP SP2.
    The machines in your organization using Automatic Update will not receive
    Windows XP SP2 until Wednesday, August 25 - at the earliest - as long as
    those machines are running Windows XP Professional Edition.

    Here is a summary of the altered delivery schedule for Windows XP SP2:

            8/6 Release to manufacturing

            8/9 Release to
    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30
    -8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en> Microsoft Download Center (full network
    installation package)

                    Release to MSDN subscription site (CD ISO image)

            8/10 Release to Automatic Update (for machines running
    pre-release versions of Windows XP SP2 only)

            8/16 Release to Software Update Services

            8/18 Release to Automatic Update for users running Windows XP
    Home Edition only

            8/25 Release to Automatic Update for all Windows XP users
    including those running Windows XP Professional Edition

                    Release to Windows Update for interactive user installations

    "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
    of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
    this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
    computers."

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----

    • windows update vs. IT Professionals download WinXP SP2
      ... I want to get SP2 for my Windows XP computer that I have at home. ... currently running Windows XP professional edition. ... download SP2 for "IT professionals" and the like. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Is there any reason to wait for SP2?
      ... > running Windows XP Professional Edition ... >>But, with all this talk, I don't want to wait for SP2. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Windows Startup Taking a Long Time
      ... It may help speed up your system, but it should be clean ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... As for Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP, ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    • Re: Slow startup and shutdown
      ... > applications that have always been present, ... The problem began before loading SP2 and hasn't changed. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
      ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
      (Bugtraq)