Double Memory Free in XP SP2 IE reported by Checked build

From: Jeffrey Altman (jaltman_at_SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM)
Date: 08/12/04

    Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:58:28 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Uh oh. I installed the checked build of XP SP2 to run my applications
    against
    and of course the first thing IE does when you launch it is attempt to load
    http://www.msn.com even when you tell it not to make it the home page.

    Shortly after the page starts to be displayed Windows reports "Duplicate
    memory free operation.
    Get a stack trace and report bug against the calling app (not against
    OLE Automation.)
    File d:\xpsprtm\com\oleaut32\typelib\oautil.cpp, line 965.

    I generated the necessary debug information and sent it to Microsoft. I
    really hope this
    is not a sign of things to come.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----