XP SP2 & Cookies - Possible GOTCHA - FYI

From: Michael Miller (michael.a.miller_at_ATT.NET)
Date: 08/12/04

    Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:35:46 +0000
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I think it would be worth noting that I deployed XP SP2 on a single computer.

    Things I have ran into.
    -No ability to bypass the uninstall process [or its a command line switch] Uninstall directory was 500+ MB (i think)

    -i had a command prompt window open and i got a message saying trouble backing up the atapi.sys file. [oh well]

    -When i go to http://www.bestbuy.com to look for bluetooth mice I get an error regarding cookies, and i had to either lower my security, or just give permission to accept cookies from the one site. So for any of you people that are heavily involved in webcommerce, etc. You might want to look at the read me's, or some GPO settings to help reduce the impact of this to your environment.

    Good Luck.
    Michael

    p.s. att is my ISP - I don't work there.

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----