Re: XPSP2 Load Experience

From: Alexander Edgren (edgrale_at_PP.HTV.FI)
Date: 08/10/04

    Date:         Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:26:05 +0300
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Briggs, Ray wrote:

    >Other than the time taken due to a second download requirement the
    >installation of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP on my system everything
    >appears to be worth the effort. Good luck.

    Is anyone else having problems with creating a slipstream media on a
    computer running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4? Everyone I know who has
    tried are ending up with update.exe crashing. Does anyone have any idea
    what might be causing this behavior? I can create a slipstream media
    with service pack 1 on a computer running Windows 2000, so it should work.

    I use the command "C:\TEMP\WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
    -s:C:\TEMP\WinXPCD"
    extracting the service pack works fine, but when it tries to run the
    update.exe it crashes.

    The update.exe can be found in the following directory i386\update\
    Extract it with the -x parameter "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe -x"

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----