Re: HijackClick 3

From: Drew Copley (dcopley_at_EEYE.COM)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date:         Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:00:46 -0700
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    You can not pass parameters to the command line app.

    You can run calc.exe or whatever, sure, but that is just a toy.

    If you are aware of an open bug that allows this to be
    exploited to run code of an attacker's choice, let me know.

    (Not to mention that they have long since restricted the object
    tag.)

    I am surprised no one can name such a bug. I don't even involve
    IE in my job much.

    Ten months... to be specific, actually, it is longer. Since last
    August. Almost a year. Surely, I am wrong.

    I guess Brett Moore's just released bug breaks this. Though,
    it might be said Jouko's Outlook issue did. Two seasoned
    professionals.

    Anyway, someone correct me here.

    <snip>

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----