Administrivia #30688 - Be nice to Bruce

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 02/17/04

    Date:         Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:35:20 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I'll be away for a week while I hold NTBugtraq Winter Retreat 2004 at
    the Jack Tar Village, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Bruce Hughes of
    ICSA Labs will be moderating while I'm away. Please be kind.

    Message volume will likely be lower than usual unless something mega
    happens.

    Bruce can be contacted directly at BHughes@icsalabs.com

    Hola!
    Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Most viruses these days use spoofed email addresses. As such, using an Anti-Virus product which automatically notifies the perceived sender of a message it believes is infected may well cause more harm than good. Someone who did not actually send you a virus may receive the notification and scramble their support staff to find an infection which never existed in the first place. Suggest such notifications be disabled by whomever is responsible for your AV, or at least that the idea is considered.
    -----