MS03-045 or Q824141

From: David Vincent (david.vincent_at_MIGHTYOAKS.COM)
Date: 01/30/04

    Date:         Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:18:39 -0800
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Anyone else noticing on multi-processor systems this hotfix is not correctly
    installed?

     Patch NOT Installed MS03-045 Q824141
     File C:\WINNT\system32\kernel32.dll has an invalid checksum and its
     file version [5.0.2195.6794] is equal to what is expected
     [5.0.2195.6794].

    That's a bit worrying. I just setup a new server yesterday and it has this
    same issue as my main webserver.

    At the same time I might as well ask about MS02-050 os Q329115.

     Patch NOT Installed MS02-050 Q329115
     File C:\WINNT\system32\CRYPTDLG.DLL has an invalid checksum and its
     file version [5.0.1558.6608] is equal to what is expected
     [5.0.1558.6608].

    This is on 100% of my w2k machines, servers and workstations. Anyone able
    to solve it?

    I'm using:

    hfnetchk -v -z -s 2

    to detect missing patches using HFNetChk.exe 3.86.

    -d

    -----
    NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

    Most viruses these days use spoofed email addresses. As such, using an Anti-Virus product which automatically notifies the perceived sender of a message it believes is infected may well cause more harm than good. Someone who did not actually send you a virus may receive the notification and scramble their support staff to find an infection which never existed in the first place. Suggest such notifications be disabled by whomever is responsible for your AV, or at least that the idea is considered.
    -----