MS announces change in IE behavior

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] (sbradcpa_at_PACBELL.NET)
Date: 01/28/04

    Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:13:52 -0800
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    834489 - Microsoft plans to release a software update that modifies the
    default behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user information in
    HTTP and HTTPS URLs:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q834489

    --
    http://www.sbslinks.com/really.htm
    -----

    • Re: IE6 not RFC1738 compliant ?
      ... Internet Explorer for handling user information in HTTP and in HTTPS URLs ... else going on here that prevents IE6 from passing the URL and syntax that ...
    • Re: IE6 service pack
      ... A security update is available that modifies the default behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user information in HTTP and in HTTPS URLs: "Workarounds for users" ...
    • Re: IE6 service pack
      ... A security update is available that modifies the default behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user information in HTTP and in HTTPS URLs: "Workarounds for users" ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
    • Re: FYI - Planned change to default handling of username:password@server in URLs
      ... Michael Harris wrote: ... > the default behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user ... > information in HTTP and HTTPS URLs ... Update to - Security Update will modify the behavior of Internet Explorer ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)
    • Re: user:password@website doesnt work with XP
      ... Internet Explorer, that URL syntax is no longer supported. ... behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user information in HTTP ... and in HTTPS URLs ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)