Information Security Zeitgeist 2003 (patterns and trends for the security community)

abe.usher_at_SHARP-IDEAS.NET
Date: 01/21/04

    Date:         Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:38:56 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I have illustrated (graphically) the popular trends and topics of the
    INFOSEC community during 2003. The inspiration for my report is the Google
    Zeitgeist report which illustrates the top searches on Google.com during the
    preceding year.

    http://www.sharp-ideas.net/research/infosec_zeitgeist.html

    My findings are based on numerous security mailing list e-mails that I
    collected during 2003 and
    analyzed. The report is split into two sections: Year in Review and specific
    topics. As the famous IT philosopher Yogi Berra used to say "You can observe
    a lot by watching." I watched over 90,000 e-mail messages and this is what I
    observed. I hope you enjoy it.

    Cheers,
    Abe Usher, CISSP

    -----
    Editor's Note: The 43rd Most Powerful Person in Networking says...

    Out of Office replies to list messages cause you to be unsubscribed automatically. Either subscribe a Public Folder, or ensure your rules are set to ensure list messages are filtered prior to your Out of Office reply. Such automatic replies are a bane to posters, and cause us to have fewer researchers post to NTBugtraq.
    -----