Administrivia #30696 - I've made it (back) to Australia....

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 01/09/04

    Date:         Thu, 8 Jan 2004 23:31:26 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Ok, so you all know I'm a media hound...so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to find out that one of our most ardent media followers, Sam Varghese of The Age/SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) did an interview with me last month for publication around the new year. While I was honored to have Network World do their piece, Sam's interview was much more, shall we say, blunt? What I mean is, he asked great questions, but he let me say what I wanted to in response, and left my responses pretty much as I said them. As a result, you might find a bit more colorful information about me in Sam's piece than Network World could put in their auspicious issue.

    At the prod of the Australian Government, I offer you;

    ----
    Keeping NT admins informed: a list-editor speaks
    By Sam Varghese
    January 8, 2004
     When Russ Cooper announced on May Day 1998 that he would be starting a
    <RussNote: May Day 1998 was actually some time near March 13, 1997>
    mailing list devoted to NT security, he probably didn't expect it to become
    one of the most reliable and sought after forum for admins who look after
    capricious Windows servers.
    The announcement said: "It's not a "Pro-Microsoft" list, but it definitely
    is a "Pro-NT" list. Folks are coming here because they want to know about
    NT. They don't want to toss NT out of their sites, they want to make it
    work... If you want to really know and understand Windows NT Security
    issues, this is the place to come!"
    Full story at;
    http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/07/1073437335868.html
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/07/1073437335868.html
    ----
    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor
    p.s. I fully expect these will be the last write-ups you'll see about me for several years, must be slow security times eh?
    -----
    Editor's Note: The 43rd Most Powerful Person in Networking says...
    Wondering how to unsubscribe from NTBugtraq? Just send a message to Listserv@listserv.ntbugtraq.com with unsubscribe ntbugtraq in the message body, you don't need a subject line. If it says you aren't subscribed, you've either subscribed with a different email address or your address has changed somehow. Just email Russ.Cooper@rc.on.ca and I'll remove you.
    -----